We are looking for volunteers again to save over £20,000 in preparing the stage and walls for the builders to move in and install a sprung floor and new walls.
We should have enough time to complete the ripping out whilst still allowing events to happen in the Hall.
Dates available around bookings are:
|17 July||1pm till 5pm||28 July||6pm till 9pm|
|18 July||10am till 4pm||29 July||10am till 4pm|
|19 July||1pm till 5pm||30 July||6pm till 9pm|
|20 July||2pm till 5pm||31 July||6pm till 9pm|
|21 July||10am till 4pm||1 August||6pm till 9pm|
|22 July||10am till 4pm||2 August||6pm till 9pm|
|23 July||10am till 4pm||3 August||6pm till 9pm|
|25 July||10am till 4pm||5 August||6pm till 9pm|
|26 July||1pm till 5pm||6 August||5pm till 9pm|
|27 July||6pm till 9pm|
The big day is 7 August when as many people as possible will be needed as this is the day before the builders move in and all the rest of the taking down and stripping out needs to take place.
The Hall will be open from 9am till late to ensure we finish.
Please check your diaries and plan to lend a hand – there will be something to do for all who turn up. We have a stock of hard hats and will have face-masks available. It would be advisable to have strong shoe/boots to protect toes.
If you have a few tools of destruction, please bring them along and another SDS hammer drill would be useful. There will be tools available so don’t worry if you can’t bring any.
If we get on well, not all the dates will be needed so we will post any changes on the website and on the front door.
Some of the tasks we need to do:
Sunday 17 July: Remove lights/projector etc., Plastic behind main curtains, remove screen from back wall and store
Monday 18 July onwards:
- clear stage, take down side flats and rear wall,
- lower tracks and remove, remove lighting bars, remove all else on ceiling, strip correx, remove lath and plaster and any flooring in roof – except to dimmers
- remove wood/plaster from back wall, strip side walls – leave window
- strip floor to boards and rebuild access hatch in upstage left corner
- take out green room Steeldeck and make good stage floor
- take out some bricks to ease access to under stage